First of all, I've set the Winged Monarch aside for now. I have a major error in it, but haven't been able to figure out what caused it yet. I also had to order more of one of the beads. I will definitely work on it again, but not for a few weeks.
Here is where it was last week:
And here it is where I stopped:
The error is that the black on the left side of the wing should line up on the right side, but the right side has two more rows to stitch.
After I set it aside, I pulled out the Anniversary Angel which is being stitched for Q4OC's 10 anniversary SAL. I'm using DMC Variations #4215.
This is going to Love Quilts Brazil when completed.
We went to the Angels game tonight. The theme/giveaway was Christmas in June. The giveaway was a Christmas ornament:
There was a Santa, Snowman and Christmas present at the main entrance:
And Christmas vignettes throughout the park. This one's just inside the entrance.
They played Christmas music, had Christmas decorations all over the park, showed Christmas themed monkey videos and the players pictures were accompanied by Christmas accoutrements like hats, ornaments, holly, lights, etc.
I didn't get a lot of stitching done last week, partly because of volunteering at VBS and partly because we were at the Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum (AGSEM) for their spring show over the weekend.
I did continue stitching and beading the Winged Monarch though.
I also worked on the butterfly for Kyleigh's quilt on Saturday while babysitting the braiding machines on Saturday.
Not a lot done, but every stitch counts, right? While I only stitched five of the seven days this week, I am happy with that because of not being home over the weekend.
I used Lily Sugar and Cream cotton yarn Crown Jewels and #6 needles. The pattern is similar to the DW Darrell Waltrip pattern available on Ravelry, but I don't know where I got it. I'm keeping this one, but I plan to make a few more using the actual Darrell Waltrip pattern.
This year's VBS (Vacation Bible School) theme was Everest and the children learned about God's power to provide, comfort, heal, forgive and love forever while "climbing" Mount Everest. The sanctuary, the gym and the stations were all decorated with a winter theme.
I volunteered to help with x for the first time this year. I helped with early check in and then was the assistant in the Imagination Station where the kids did sci-ency things like make snow, a bubble booster and an incrediball.
We had five groups of 30-40 children come through our station each day. One of the groups included my granddaughter, Kyleigh. When asked what her favorite part of VBS was each day, she named the project she did in the Imagination Station that day.
On Tuesday, each child made a bubble booster with a tube and a piece of micro-fiber cloth which made big oozy bubbles.
I worked on two projects this week. I continued working on the Winged Monarch from Mill Hill.
Yes, I started beading. I couldn't wait any longer since I was getting bored with it and kept wanting to put it down. Unfortunately, I'm really a one-at-a-time stitcher so if I put something down for any length of time, it usually becomes a UFO.
Since I went to the Angels game Friday night, I had to start a new small so I started another square for Kyleigh's quilt. This is also a butterfly, but very different!
I'm finally back to blogging. I got my computer back on Easter, but it's taken this long for me to get caught up and find my stitching mojo. There have also been several events that have kept me from blogging so I'm going to go back and post about them as time permits.
As for my WIWO, I decided to work on my Winged Monarch from Mill Hill again. When I last left it, I'd spent more time frogging than I did stitching. The only part that remained stitched was the gray section to the farthest left of the picture.
And, this is what it will look like when finished: