Saturday, December 24, 2016

Additional November Activities


I gave up on life in general for a couple of weeks around Thanksgiving so I'm very behind in posting.  I have quite a bit to post so I'm going to break it into a few smaller posts.  Hopefully this will catch me up and I'll be able to start fresh next week.

In November, our Women's Ministry held a craft night.  Each person made several items.  Here are a couple of pictures of Janice.  She never did show me what she made. :(


Kyleigh spent the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with us since both Janice and Devin had to work.  She and grandpa recycled bottles, helped me make pies and did some other chores together.  One of the things they did was wash grandpa's t-shirts.  He waits until almost every t-shirt he owns is dirty and then pre-treats them with Simple Green before washing them.  Kyleigh had fun "finger painting" the shirts with the Simple Green.


Kyleigh had an "About Me" poster to do for school and one of the sections she had to fill in was a picture from her favorite book.  She chose to do Bad Kitty since she's read most of the series.
While she was working on the picture, she wanted someone to watch her, so Devin decided to watch really closely.

On the Sunday after Thanksgiving, Kids Church did a Christmas craft, an Advent wreath.  I sponsored the event through my Thrivent membership.  Here are a couple of pictures of the finished wreaths.  The first picture is the wreath just after it was completed.  The second picture was taken at Janice's and shows the completed wreath with the middle candle.




1 comment:

Bea said...

I love advent wreaths and that is a lovely one. The variety is wonderful but the message never changes.