Sunday, December 3, 2017

We Have a Christmas Tree

I have been buying my Christmas trees for the past several years from the Lutheran High baseball team, but the player I'd been buying from graduated and I didn't realize it until it was too late to get one last year.  This year I called the Athletic Department and they had someone contact me so I was able to get a tree.  Unfortunately, this player is a senior, but I spoke to a lady at pick up and she put me on her list to contact next year (her son's a sophomore so I'm set for the next two years).

We picked the tree up on Friday night and Devin, Janice and Kyleigh came over to help set it up on Saturday.   This is the main reason that we need their help with setting up the tree.  All of our Christmas boxes are kept in the attic above the garage and it's nice to have help getting them down.  Kyleigh is rearranging the boxes; she didn't actually hand them down.  We let Janice do that.
 
Adding the stand
Unwrapping the tree

Cutting off the bottom branches
Ready for lights
Ready to decorate
My mother-in-law gave us the tree skirt over 40 years ago and it still looks as nice as the day she gave it to us.  There's only one decoration on the tree; Janice added the snowman as she walked out the door.














No comments: