Sunday, February 4, 2018

Happy Dance - Fa La La

Started: 1/23/2018
Finished: 2/3/2018

This was designed by Ruth Sparrow of Twisted Threads from the Just Cross Stitch 2000 Special Christmas issue.

It's stitched with the called for DMC (367,550 and 815) one over one on 25-count Opalescent Lugana in Elegance.  It's actually more beige than purple.  It's stitched as charted, except that there were supposed to be scattered white satin stitches in the background.  With the opalescence, I didn't think they were needed so I left them off.

This is my January ornament for the Christmas Ornie SAL (see my sidebar).  The themes this year are 12 Days of Christmas or Christmas Carols.  I've chosen to do Christmas Carols and the theme for January was Deck the Halls, hence the Fa La La.

I went through my stash this morning and found some backing fabric that is almost perfect for it, so I will be making it into an ornament very soon.

No comments: