Thursday, February 1, 2018

Happy Dance - Ronald McDonald House Sampler

Started: 1/10/2018
Finished: 1/31/2018
 
This was stitched for the Ronald McDonald House SAL group on Facebook and will be going the the Family Room at Mission Hospital.  The chart was provided by the SAL group and was designed by Ursula Michael.  I love her word charts and have always wanted to do one.  This is the first one I've done, but it won't be the last.
 
It's stitched on white 14-count Aida in the called for colors.The only changes were requested by Joni, the Family Room director who asked that I stitch the "house saying" instead of the "family room saying" and the bottom line.

This was not a fun stitch as there was lots of frogging involved, mostly on the yellow parts in the roof.  I also used up the skein of 498 I was using and the other skeins didn't match.  I was able to locate another skein at JoAnn's though.

I plan to get it framed and hopefully presented to her next week.  I volunteer at the Orange Ronald McDonald House and at some point will be doing input for Joni so this is kind of a special project.

No comments: