Thursday, February 1, 2018

Other January Activities

Devin's birthday is January 3 and mine is January 6th so we normally celebrate them together.  This year we went to the Steer Inn in Santa Ana.  David & I gave him the framed Haunted Mansion that I cross stitched for him and Devin, Janice and Kyleigh gave me a rather generous gift certificate to 123stitch.com, which believe it or not, I haven't spent yet.

David finished wiring the mini control room for the dirt events at Anaheim Stadium and worked every Friday (rehearsals and testing) and the Saturday (the main event) in January.   He's also heavily involved with the remodeling of the scoreboard systems with at least one meeting a week.

I'm continuing to sort and file papers for Kyleigh's class, but only had to do so twice this month because of all the holidays.  I also volunteered a couple of extra days at the Ronald McDonald House since volunteer signups are very heavy right now.

I also went to the doctor because I was worried about the swelling in my right leg.  It's not the DVT I was worried about fortunately.  I also found out that my HBA1c is now in the normal range, which it hasn't been for several years.  I speak with a Diabetes Care Manager once every couple of weeks and she's finally been able to start lowering my insulin levels.

On January 25, Kyleigh's school had a talent show and Kyleigh participated by singing Stay.  She sang in both performances and did a really good job, but was more upbeat in the second show that the parents attended.  This picture was taken by someone on the yearbook staff and sent to Janice.  It's my new favorite picture of her.
Last weekend Kyleigh went to the Aquarium of the Pacific with her Nonni and Robert.  I love the selfie.  Guess who was holding the camera?


Finally, I belong to the Frog Busters Facebook group.  It's a very active and enjoyable group.  I was named Fabulous Frog for the month of January for my encouragement and participation in the group.  As a result, I received the following package in the mail.


No comments: