Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wednesday Update - 1/30/2019

I managed quite a bit of stitching this week, including two finishes on the same night. 

This is Hamilton Horse, the 17th animal in Brooke's Books Advent Animals series.  It's stitched as charted on misty blue Aida with the called for DMC. 
Started: 5/10/2018 Finished: 1/25/2019
 

This is Joy by Rovaris from the 2018 JCS Ornament Issue.  It's stitched on 20-count gold speckled Lugana, one over one.  Because my white floss didn't show up at all on this fabric, I had to make a couple of changes.  The ribbons on both packages were stitched in red instead of white and  I omitted the white snowflake that is supposed to hang on the Y.  I used regular DMC floss, except for the red, which is the new sparkly floss from DMC.  This was stitched for the JCS Stitch Along group on Facebook
Started: 1/20/2019 Finished: 1/25/2019

 My first WIP is another of the Advent Animals, this time it's Ethan Elephant, the 21st animal.  I'm skipping 18, 19 and 20 for the moment because 21 and 22 are both visible in the current position of my Q-snaps.

My other WIP for this week is Consumed by Gifts by Brittercup Designs from the 2010 JCS Ornament Issue.  It has at least one error (maybe two) that I discovered during last night's stitching session so there will be some frogging or fudging tonight. 

7 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finishes Cathy. I love all of your projects.

Linda

Katie said...

Great work this week. Hope the error or two don't cause too much problems.

Rachel said...

Great week so far! Love Joy and the changes you made; the sparkle from the Etoile is just enough. Hope the frogging/fudging goes well. The little cat looks adorable! :)

butterfly said...

Lots of lovely stitching , you have been busy.

Astrids dragon said...

Hamilton and Joy look great, Hamilton looks extremely proud! You are just whipping these out, good for you.
Sweet kitty, get rid of that frog!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great projects and lovely finishes Cathy

Mary's Thread said...

What a nice set of projects! My favorite is your Joy! It's wonderful!