Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Wednesday Update - 5/15/2019

I had a really good stitchy week this time and got quite a bit done on all of the projects I worked on.  I stitched on three projects each day which hasn't happened in quite a while. My mindset has changed  to I only have to do one stitch for it to count.  I've never done only one stitch though and usually managed to stitch for about a half hour to an hour on each project.  .

I had two finishes this week  My first finish was the April Owl from Leslie Teare's free Owl SAL on Facebook.  It's stitched on 14-count Lite Oatmeal Aida with the called for DMC.  The leaves were supposed to be striped, but it felt too busy to me, so I changed them to be solid colors using the green floss in the umbrella.  This will be sent to WOCS with the rest of the owls when completed.
Started: 4/18/2019  Finished: 5/9/2019
My second finish was Dashing through the Snow by Lucie Heaton in the 2018 JCS Ornament Issue. This is my April ornament for the JCS Ornament SAL on Facebook.  This isn't the chart chosen by the group, but I had trouble enlarging that chart so I chose this one as a wildcard instead.  It's stitched on 14-count gold dusted Aida as charted, except that I used all different colors.  It was charted to be all in red and white on a pale blue fabric.
Started: 5/7/2019  Finished: 5/12/2019
I continued stitching on my Monogamous Monthly chart, Tinkerbell from the Art of Disney. Since I didn't want to take it off the Q-Snaps just to take a picture, I'm only showing the current week's stitching instead of the whole project.  The color is truer in the second picture.
As of 5/87/2019
As of 5/15/2019
I also started two more projects that should, hopefully be finished next week.   After finishing my April Owl, I immediately started on the May Owl.  I really like this one.

May Owl - Leslie Teare
And immediately after finishing Dashing through the Snow, I started my May ornament for  the JCS Ornament SAL  This is Red Borders by Elizabeth's Needlework Designs from the 2018 JCS Ornament Issue.  It's being stitched on 14-count gold dusted Aida with DMC 4518.



6 comments:

butterfly said...

Love all your stitching and Tinkerbell looks beautiful.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I like your owls. What is WOCS? HUGS

Cathy said...

Thank you! WOCS is the World of Charity Stitching, a group that makes quilts, walker bags, bookmarks, etc. for the elderly in Care Homes. They also make bags and quilts for children occasionally. You can find the group at https://www.worldofcharitystitching.org/

Rachel said...

A fantastic week indeed! Love the reindeer ornie and Red Borders, especially on the gold-flecked fabric, and the owls are so cute! :)

Katie said...

Lots of beautiful stitching! Keep it up.

Faith... said...

Your Owl looks great! The colors are so vibrant. I love Tinkerbell too. You did have a great stitching week!