Monday, June 17, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - June

Gifted Gorgeousness is a SAL run by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching.  For this SAL, we post anything that was received as a gift or is being stitched for a gift.  You can click on the link to see what others are stitching.

Most of my stitching this month will most probably be for me and wasn't gifted, but I do have two projects that qualify.

First is the May owl from Leslie Teare's SAL on Facebook which will be going to WOCS when the series is completed.

The second is the Fox Magic Doll that is being stitched for Q4OC.  There is a lot of detail and "picky" backstitch in this one and I was rushing, thinking it was due July 1st, but then I found out it wasn't due until December 1st so I've set aside temporarily, but it's still on the floor stand so it will get some attention again soon.  Unfortunately, I know nothing about the designer as the chart was provided, but I was told it was a free chart off a foreign website.  It's also being stitched on fabric that I won in the April Fun Event on the group.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great pieces. Sometimes it's important to stitch for ourselves.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The owl is lovely and the fox looks very sweet too.
I stitch 100% for myself these days. Or my sons!

Mary said...

Wonderful finishes. They are both so cute.