Sunday, June 9, 2019

Stuff and Kyleigh (Picture Heavy)

Earlier this week we had central air conditioning and heating installed.  We've lived in this house since 1975 and after the heat of last summer decided it was time.  And we did it just in time for the heat of the next few days.

Kyleigh and Janice came over both Wednesday and Thursday.  Wednesday to ask grandpa to check her list of materials for the hut she's building for VBS and on Thursday to bring the purchased PVC pipe over to be cut into shorter lengths.  Kyleigh wanted some 3" pieces cut too, so I'm curious as to what she's making.

Kyleigh is very crafty herself and will be doing lots of crafts and science experiments this summer.  She brought her first project over to show me on Thursday.  It's a Mermaid Cat and the first project she's done with needle and thread.  The other item in the photograph is a key chain that I took off her purse.  She's done a lot of perler beads this year and she made this one as well.

Friday night we (Kyleigh and I) went to the Angels' game with my friend, Bob and his coworker, Karla.  The giveaway was the cap she's wearing.  Notice the "straw" she's using.

Wednesday was her last day of 5th grade, so now she's in Middle School.  She earned 7A's, 1B, 1C+ and 3E's on her report card for the 4th Quarter.  The school had an area set up where you could take pictures and Janice sent me a couple.
As you can see in the above picture, taken on the first day of fifth grade, she's definitely done some growing and maturing this year.

Since she's now in Middle School, she's eligible to acolyte (light the candles, hand out the offering plates, etc.). She took her first turn Saturday night and several people told her she did a good job.  I took a couple of pictures and later wished I'd taken more.  Maybe next time.

Finally, we had a feral mama cat give birth to four kittens in our backyard.  We borrowed a trap and were able to catch two of them before the mama moved the others to another yard.  We decided to keep one and make it an indoor cat--which we've never done before--and Kyleigh took the other one so each of them (Devin, Janice and Kyleigh) now have their own cat.  Since the kittens are feral, they love to cuddle, but are very hard to get close to pick them up.  Tazzie is ours and Tony is Kyleigh's.  As you can see from the pictures, they're almost identical and Tazzie loves to help me stitch.
Tazzie
Tazzie
Tazzie
Tony





3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah yes, how quickly children grow and the food bills increase!
The kittens are so cute. I know nothing about cats so I assume it's quite easy to domesticate feral kittens? :)

Katie said...

Great crafts done by Kyleigh. Love the mermaid she made the most. Love the kitties even though I'm a dog person.

Astrids dragon said...

We couldn't use AC when I was growing because of my Mom's arthritis, so I know how nice it is to finally use it.
I wonder where Kyleigh gets her craftiness?! Such a sweet mermaid/cat and who doesn't love Mickey? Cute pictures of her last day of elem school.
They are sweet kitties, are they being kept as indoor cats?