Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Fully Finished Gallery - July 2019

It's time again to link up with Rachel of Ten Hour Stitcher to show the items that we've turned into Finished Finished Objects or FFOs.  I'm actually on time this month and I have five FFOs to show you.  Click on the link to see what others have finish finished this month.
Santa  has been in one of my "to be finished drawers" for several years since I don't remember when I stitched him and I couldn't find him in my finished files and it starts in 2014. He's finished as a small pillow with the same fabric as the backing (14-count gold dusted Aida)..

This festive reindeer, aka Rudolph was stitched in either 2016 or 2018--he appears in both years or maybe I stitched him twice!.  I finished him as an ornament using the same fabric for the backing (14-count Oatmeal Aida).  The hanger is a combination of red and green petite beads.

Again, this heart was stitched prior to 2014 since I couldn't find it in my records.  It was a free cover kit from one of the UK Magazines and is finished with the materials provided.  It didn't come with a ribbon (or I'd lost it) so I had to find my own.  I'd rather have used white and may replace it when I find some.

Again, this was stitched prior to 2014, probably at the same time as the heart.  It was also a free cover kit finished with the materials provided, except for the ribbon, which I will probably replace at a later date.
This is Love Hearts and was stitched in 2015, probably for a Valentines Card for WOCS, but it never made it to the group.  I trimmed and fringed it and attached it to a premade card.  I guess I didn't do a very good job though.  If I don't use it before then, I will probably send it to WOCS next year.

So, all finishes of old items this month.  I want to thank Rachel for hosting this SAL because otherwise these would still be sitting in their drawers with all the other items waiting to be finished.








5 comments:

Katie said...

Fantastic finishes. I love the Santa and Rudolph finish. I like finishing technique but have only done it once. Need to try it again.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching and finish .

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the fantastic finishes Cathy.

Linda

Rachel said...

Thank you for participating again this month; your drawers are gradually being emptied! Hope you find the replacement ribbon you would like to use. :)

Astrids dragon said...

Good for you for finishing up the "oldies", they look great!