Thursday, July 18, 2019

Happy Dance - Flip Flops

Started: 7/15/2019
Finished: 7/17/2019

This is is free chart from Lucie Heaton; I received it in her newsletter sent last Friday.  

It's stitched on white 14-count Aida.  I made one intentional change in that I removed two columns from between the two flip flops because they looked to be too far apart to me.

I also made an unintentional change in the floss used.  I read the color chart wrong and used 444 for the background, but it was supposed to be used for the shading.  I chose to use 725 for the shading instead of the 727 called for, because 727 was a lighter shade.

This project is for Kyleigh's quilt.  I chose this because she wears flip flops a lot.  She saw the chart and said she used to have a pair just like this.

Next Up:  Tree Shopping (Mill Hill)
Goal: Finish

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Sweet stitching , such a great idea.

Katie said...

Congrats on the cute finish!

Rachel said...

Changing the colours has made your little finish more unique. I'm sure Kyleigh won't notice! :)

Faith... said...

So summery, they are cute!