Monday, July 1, 2019

June Recap - Modified Goals

Like I mentioned earlier, my stitchy goals and plans changed during the month of June and I've dropped out of several Facebook groups and their SALs because it was just too much to keep up with.  I'm now using the WIPacolypse to track my UFO/WIP stitching only and will track my modified goals in a monthly recap instead of posting everything twice.

So here are my old goals and the modifications I've made:

1) YOW (Year of WIPs) - Instead of trying to finish 14 UFOs/WIPs this year, I'm going to stitch on one each month in a loose rotation until it's done.  I have three that I'd like to finish this year. 
Big Trees
Advent Animals
Tinkerbell
2) Finish the squares for Kyleigh's quilt.  I will continue with this goal, because it's for Kyleigh and I probably have less than five left to do. 

3a) Participate in Leslie Teare's 2019 Owl SAL- I will also continue with this goal, because the finished squares will go to WOCS and I can't send them just five squares.

3b) Participate in the Christmas Ornie SAL - I am no longer participating in this one and am replacing it with the Palko Lap SAL since I'm caught up and stitching them anyway.  

3c) Participate in the JCS SAL on Facebook - I am keeping this one, too, but I'm not necessarily stitching the designated ornaments for each month.

3d) Participate in the Year Long Dimensions SAL at Cross Stitch Frog Busters - I forgot to add this one to my SALs at the beginning, but I did at it to the YOW.  I have dropped Cross Stitch Frog Busters and will no longer participate in any of their SALs including this one.
4) Continue to stitch for charity - I have three projects due by December 1st for Q4OC and I intend to finish them.  I'm also stitching the owls (3a) for WOCS and intend to finish them as well.  I may or may not stitch some other smaller projects for them as well. 

5) Stitch an undetermined number of Mill Hill kits, at least one being from the Christmas Village series.  I'm keeping this goal as well, but may not stitch a Christmas Village chart this year.

6) Stitch on 69 projects this year as a SAL with Linda of Stitching with my Furbabies.  I am also continuing with this one.
7) Fully finish at least one project a month to participate in the Fully Finished SAL.  I will continue with this goal because I have lots to finish and some can be finished fairly quickly. 

8) Participate in a Monogamous Monthly Stitch where I add at least one stitch a day to a single project for the month.  I'm no longer doing this one.

6 comments:

butterfly said...

Some lovely projects there , have fun , you are just like me , I stitch on many projects .

Rachel said...

It looks as if you're making the goals fit around your stitching rather than stitching specifically to reach goals (if that makes sense) which is the much more sensible way of doing things when you want to feel less stressed. Good luck with your new plans/goals, especially finishing of your three biggies. Here's to a successful second half of 2019. :)

Katie said...

I'm glad you figured out what works best for you. Good luck. I will enjoy cheering you along the way.

Linda said...

Great new goals Cathy. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the 3 FB groups I'm in but I'm still trying.

Linda

Faith... said...

Glad you were able to revise your plans to something that is more suitable to YOU!

Astrids dragon said...

Good for you, doing what you want and not what you're "supposed" to do.
I hope you finish those three this year, especially the Advent Animals!