Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy Birthday and Happy Dance (Twinkly Fairy)

First off, Happy Birthday to me!  I am 66 years old today and it's been a very quiet, gray, rainy day.  We celebrated on Monday with dinner at Red Lobster. Since Devin's birthday was on Sunday, we try to pick a day between the two birthdays.

Originally Started:  Unknown
Restarted: 1/3/2016
Finished: 1/6/2016
Cross Stitch Crazy (issue unknown)
 
This was stitched on white 14-count Aida with DMC floss.  The backstitching does not match the pattern much, especially around the hearts which I outlined with the same floss as the rest of the backstitching instead of following the chart which used two different colors and not only outlined the hearts, but had stitching on the interior of the hearts as well.

I had originally started this for Love Quilts a long time ago, but never finished it because the backstitching is very fiddly and I got frustrated with it. When Quilts for Older Children and Adults came up with the same theme, I decided to pull it out and see if I could finish it for them.

No comments: