Sunday, July 14, 2019

Happy Dance - June Owl

Started 7/2/2019
Finished: 7/13/2019

This is the June Owl from Leslie Teare's free Facebook SAL.  It's stitched on 14-count Aida in Lite Oatmeal.  It's stitched with the called for DMC except for the reds, for which I used darker shades.  I'm also using 3799 instead of 310 for the backstitch for all of the owls. 

I can't say it's stitched as charted, because I had a lot of trouble with the head and neck and there's still one major mistake, but I was so frustrated with it that I decided to leave it since it would take a lot of frogging to fix it and I didn't know what I'd done wrong to begin with.  Again, this will go to WOCS when the set is completed.

Next Up:  Palko Lap - July;  Goal: A Finish


3 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the cute finish!

Rachel said...

He is gorgeous and without knowing where the mistake is it's virtually impossible to spot. Well done on another finish! :)

Astrids dragon said...

He looks good to me, in spite of any mistakes!