Thursday, February 1, 2018

It's Girl Scout Cookie Time

I am the Cookie Grandma for Kyleigh's girl scout troop and Janice is one of the leaders so we're heavily involved in cookie right now.

First we had to pick up the cookies from the Mega Pick Up in Anaheim on Saturday. We were in line for an hour and I was car #2 of 2, but I wasn't actually needed as car #1 was a minivan with the seats removed.  I did need to help Janice transport the cookies remaining after we'd sorted all the girls initial orders.  I wish I'd thought to take a picture of the cases (83 of them) in the garage where we did the sorting.
The line wound around and around the parking lot.
In the top center, you can see the check in tent.
 Each troop had to provide a helper at the Mega and Janice volunteered to do it for her troop--which is why I was in the second car.  In these pictures, she's loading cases of Shortbread into the back of our car #1.
This is what's left after the initial orders were processed and there are a couple of types missing.  I've already ordered an additional 38 cases for her.  The cookies are selling much better and faster than last year.
Bobby decided that he wanted some cookies, too.
 Kyleigh is already to start selling. I think she's at about 100 boxes now and the sale just started.
The last picture is the same pose, but it was taken three years ago when she was in first grade.  She's holding the same number of boxes in each picture1

No comments: