Wednesday, August 15, 2018

WIP Wednesday - 8/15/2018

My plans for the month of August and possibly the rest of the year have blown up in my face this past week so I'll be starting over with a new set of plans and goals.  It's not all bad, mostly just new things with deadlines and a temporary loss of my stitching mojo.

I only stitched three nights last week and on one of them I only stitched on one of the two projects I'm working on.  This means I'm behind a week on my August goals.

I stitched three nights on the Santa Quintet from Dimensions. 
As of 7/16/2018
As of 8/15/2018
The color is better in the first picture.  I'll be continuing to work on this one, because Cross Stitch Frog Busters is hosting a Dimensions Stitchathon this week.  I will probably switch to the backstitching though once I finish the beard.  This is approximately 1/4 of the design so there's a lot left to do.

I stitched for two nights on Coffee Is Always a Good Idea by Emma Congdon.  This is for the Coffee or Tea SAL on WOCS.  I'm behind on this one since the target date for turning it in is today.  Oh well, it's not a hard and fast deadline.  I did have to frog a whole night's work from last week since I used the wrong color for the words.
Once I complete the banner, it's mostly words so it shouldn't take too long to finish.

I've promised myself that I will stitch on both projects tonight for at least an hour each.  Hopefully, that will help get me moving again.

I am going to continue my plans for August knowing that I'm a week behind, but I may replace at least one of my large projects with a new project that has a deadline. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Nice progress Cathy.

Linda