Friday, August 2, 2019

Happy Dance - July Owl

Started: 7/27/2019
Finished: 8/1/2019

This is the July edition of Leslie Teare's free Owl SAL on Facebook.  It's stitched on Lite Oatmeal 14-count Aida with the called for threads.  The only change I made was to do the backstitching in 3799 instead of 310.  Oh, and the border was supposed to be stitched in 666.  I also believe that there is at least one unintentional customization, but it's minor and I didn't notice it until I was doing the border.

This will be donated to WOCS with the other owls, hopefully by the end of the year.  I'm very proud of myself for keeping up with this SAL.

Next Up: Palko Lap - August
Goal: Finish

5 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful finish. Congratulations on keeping up with the SAL, I know it is sometimes hard to do.

Astrids dragon said...

Another adorable owl, good for you for keeping up with them.

Rachel said...

Very sweet! Yes, well done for keeping up with them. :)

Faith... said...

It looks great and I am sure it will loved by whoever gets an Owl quilt!

Katie said...

Fantastic finish! Love the way it turned out.