Wednesday, December 14, 2022

2022 Advent Calendar Blog Hop - Day 14

 While I haven't posted since June, I did sign up for Jo's annual Advent Calendar Blog Hop and she assigned me Day 14.  We're supposed to post a picture of a Christmas-y stitched item and answer a question about afters.  You can check out  Jo's Blog for more information and to see all of the posts.

I love stitching Christmas ornaments and have many to show, but here are the ones I fully finished this year.







 All of these ornaments plus quite a few others (not made by me) will be delivered to the Ronald McDonald House in Orange, California later today.  If you'd like to stitch ornaments for this house, I've created a Facebook group called "Stitching for Families (RMHCSC).  Let me know if you're interested.

Question:  What's for Afters? I'd never heard of Afters, but Jo described it as dessert.  So, what's for dessert?   

We celebrate with a Christmas breakfast just before opening presents. It also works out better with everybody's schedules.  My husband makes his famous "Farmer's Omelet", which is fried potatoes, onions, diced ham, shredded cheese, eggs and green onions all mixed together in a skillet. 

Because it's breakfast, we don't serve afters, but my daughter usually has trays of cookies and candy strategically placed so many of those are consumed instead.


13 comments:

butterfly said...

Great Christmas Ornaments , have a lovely Christmas.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely ornaments Cathy, I'll go look at your fb page. Your Dh's breakfast sounds yummy, Merry Christmas 🎄

Denise :) said...

Your ornaments are darling ... a right pert number of finishes there! I really love the gingerbread house. Super cute! That's kind of how we do our Christmas day, too ... only my hubby does a ham, and cookies are snacked on afterward! Merry Christmas!! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I love all your ornaments and the fact that they are going to such a good cause, very generous.
I think cookies are winning so far this year, lots of people seem to have a plate of cookies over Christmas.

Claudette497 said...

The ornaments are adorable! I love that they're going to such a great cause!

jocondine said...

Your ornaments are so cute and stitching gifts brings a lot of happiness. The omelet sounds great, anything with onions is! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

gracie said...

Oh I love those ornaments. Yum for the omelet...

Astrids dragon said...

Glad you have you back again, Cathy!
All of your ornaments turned out so cute, what a lovely place to donate to.
That does sound like a delicious breakfast, and you can't go wrong with cookies.
Happy Christmas!

Katie said...

Lovely ornaments.

beadgirl said...

How sweet to make ornaments for the Ronald McDonald house. And where did you get the wooden sweater ornament? It's adorable.

DJ said...

Your ornaments are sweet, Cathy! What a lovely idea to stitch for the Ronald McDonald house. I like your idea of having Christmas Breakfast...sure lessons the stress of a big Christmas dinner and you can enjoy your company for the rest of the day! Christmas cookies are always a great "after" to enjoy too! Have a Merry Christmas!

Tiffstitch said...

I love that. We used to have a big breakfast somewhere in the middle of presents as well. With back bacon (Canadian bacon) and eggs, toast, etc. Love those ornaments and hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Mary's Thread said...

Beautiful ornaments, I'm sure they will be enjoyed by many! We do the same thing...church at 7am, stockings, a few presents, a big breakfast (waffles for us!) and then the rest of the presents. And always plenty of cookies and chocolates! Merry Christmas!