Sunday, December 24, 2023

2023 Advent Calendar Blog Hop

While I haven't posted since June, I did sign up for Jo's annual Advent Calendar Blog Hop and she assigned me Day 24.  We're supposed to post a picture of a Christmas-y stitched item and answer a question about our Santa stories and/or traditions.  You can check out  Jo's Blog for more information and to see all of the posts.

I love stitching Christmas ornaments and have many to show, but here are the Santa ones I've stitched this year.





All of these ornaments plus quite a few others (not made by me) will be delivered to the Ronald McDonald House in Orange, California.  If you'd like to stitch ornaments for this house, I've created a Facebook group called "Stitching for Families (RMHCSC).  Let me know if you're interested.

 As for the Santa Stories, I don't remember visiting Santa as a child, but I always took my daughter and then together we took my granddaughter to see Santa.





 Our only real tradition doesn't have to do specifically with Santa Claus.  Every year, the five of us set aside a night to look at Christmas lights (we do see a lot of Santas). This year we did it on the 19th and found a new-to-us neighborhood which we'll be returning to next year.

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. Your Santa parade is a great way to finish the countdown!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

The picture used for the Advent link from your collection of Christmas Stitches is very appropriate. Thank you for sharing its the prefect Christmas Eve post.

Shelly said...

Your stitched Santas are just adorable and then to send them to the Ronald McDonald House, hats off to you. I'm sure they'll be loved. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year🎉😊

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful Santa stitching.

jocondine said...

I love the cute looks of all your stitched Santas. Joyeuses fêtes de fin d'année ! Warm wishes! xxx

Sheryl said...

Well done on the stitched Santas. Happy New Year.

Mayte said...

Son muy bonitos tus Santas.
Aquí en España la tradición son los Reyes Magos de Oriente, que llegan el 6 de enero y al día siguiente volvemos al colegio, no sé quién se inventó esa idea, pero pensó muy poco en los niños y sus juguetes nuevos.
Cuando era pequeña en los años 70 tenía unos vecinos franceses y ellos me ponían un regalo en Navidad, y me hacía tanta ilusión pensar que Papa Noel venía desde Francia expresamente a dejarme un regalito a mi, ya te puedes imaginar lo que llore cuando me entere de la verdad.
Feliz 2024

Denise :) said...

Your Santa stitcheries are really darling, and what a lovely cause! Truly in the spirit of the season. I love the photos of you grandgirl with Santa; great memories made! Looking at lights is one of my favorite traditions, too. I'm so glad you posted! I hope you had a Merry Christmas ... and have a very Happy New Year! Hugs! :)

Astrids dragon said...

You are so very generous with your stitching, all those Santas are adorable!
Sweet photos with Santa too, and the lights are always fun to see.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks for sharing your Santas! I, too, love to go look at the Christmas lights, but this year, December was unusually mild and it just didn't feel like taking a proper winter walk.