Saturday, November 18, 2017

More October Finishes

Started: 10/9/2017
Finished: 10/11/2017

This was in a Enjoy Cross Stitch at Christmas magazine.  It was stitched and finished using the free materials included.  The only change I made was to substitute green floss for the yellow floss called for by the chart as it didn't seem very Christmas-y.  Kyleigh has taken a liking to this ornament so it will probably be one of her Christmas gifts this year.

Started: 10/12/2017
Finished: 10/13/2017

This was part of the Challenge Lucie section of Cross Stitch Crazy #225.  It's stitched as called for with DMC on 14-count white Aida.  I've since found the same girl on a seahorse which I'd also like to stitch.

This is for Kyleigh's quilt because she likes mermaids and dolphins.

Started: 10/14/17
Finished: 10/17/2017

Started: 10/17/2017
Finished: 10/20/2017

These two hearts were the free cover kit from an older Cross Stitch Crazy magazine. They're stitched as charted (and finished) with the materials in the kit.  I did have to use some DMC from my stash as I ran out of two of the colors.  Fortunately, they matched exactly.  I also had to use my own 14-count Aida for the second heart since the pre-cut heart included in the kit was too small.

I made them into Christmas ornaments, but they probably won't be going on my tree.  I took these and several other pieces to a boutique at our church.  These didn't sell, but three others did.

Started: 10/20/2017
Finished: 10/28/2017

This Kokeshi Doll card was the free cover kit for the March 2013 Cross Stitcher magazine.  It's stitched as charted and also finished with the materials in the kit.

This one also went to the Christmas boutique, but didn't sell.



No comments: