Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November Happy Dances


Gingerbread Couple
Started: 11/3/2017
Finished: 11/6/2017

This is from the Challenge Lucie section of a Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, but I don't know which issue.   It's stitched as charted with DMC threads on 14-count Fiddler's Lite Aida.  

I love gingerbread anything, but I'm very picky about the shape of gingerbread people.  These meant with my approval so I'm stitching them again on white 14-count Aida, but I'm changing the bow tie to bright green and the dress to bright red. I haven't decided whether I'm going to finish this one as an ornament or a card yet. 

Dream Catcher

 Started: 11/6/2017
Finished: 11/10/2017

This is from Cross Stitch Crazy #214.  It was designed by Durene Jones and was part of the 50 Native American Gift Ideas article.  It's stitched as charted with four colors of DMC on white 14-count Aida.

It's another square for Kyleigh's quilt.  I almost have enough squares now, but I'm changing the theme to be a memory/favorite things quilt so several of the squares I made will be going for other things and there are a few more squares I want to make.

Cozy Penguin Couple

 Started: 11/12/2017
Finished: 11/27/2017

This was also from the Challenge Lucie section of a Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, but I don't know which issue.   

It's stitched with DMC threads on 14-count Fiddler's Lite Aida.   I changed the colors of both scarves since one was supposed to be black and white and the other claret and light blue.  I really do like my colors better.  I haven't decided how to finish this one either.  I'm trying to decide between a card and an ornament.

I've now finished 41 projects this year, most of which were small, but I've also worked on a couple of larger ones.

 

No comments: