Monday, August 1, 2016

May Catch Up Post - Picture Heavy

My stitching plans and stitching and blogging mojo both flew out the window in mid-May.  The stitching plans have changed and the stitching mojo came back in July, but I've been trying to decide how to catch up.  I've finally decided just to do a monthly post or two rather than doing a weekly WIP and individual happy dance posts.

First the stitching:
I finished the May installment of the Pumpkin Passport which took us to Greece.
I restarted the Advent Animals on one piece of darker blue Aida.  I wasn't really happy with the way the white looked on the light blue fabric and a wall hanging made more sense to me than individual finishes.  I stitched #6 and #7 and then went back and stitched #1.  I've also stitched the number on #2.
 

I also finished the third Angelic Ornament (the praying angel).  This was my current UFO project, but it was set aside soon after the finish, because of frogging issues with the next angel.
The final finish for the month was an alphabet square for Quilts for Older Children and Adults as part of their 2016 Challenge.
Some miscellaneous pictures for the month:
Kyleigh found a hairstyle on Pinterest that she wanted Janice to try.
Janice worked from home one day and Bobby decided to help her by guarding the cable on her laptop and helping her find the right keys.
 
Kyleigh is now tall enough to go on all the rides at Disneyland and California Adventure, but there are certain rides she doesn't like.  This is what she does to show that she's not tall enough yet.
Bob is the good friend who shares his Angels season tickets with us.  He and Kyleigh have a lot of fun together. 
Kyleigh's 2nd grade class did a chapel in May and sang "I Want to be a Sheep".  The first picture is of some of the class leading the singing and the second is of most of the sheep sleeping while the shepherd is looking for one lost sheep.  Kyleigh is on the far right in the tan skirt.
 
Finally, Kyleigh's Brownie troop had their year-end party at one of the Brownie's grandparents' pool.  Yes, this pool is in their backyard.  That's Kyleigh sliding into the raft.
That's all for May.  Hopefully, I'll be back soon with June's update.


1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome back! Funny how fast the times goes.
I like the fabric you've chosen for the Advent Animals. I'm still debating on whether to stitch them or not.