Friday, August 4, 2017

Catch up Post - Projects for Kyleigh

Back in early April, I took my granddaughter to Barnes and Noble for her free birthday cupcake and at the same time, bought the March issue of Cross Stitch Crazy.  While eating her cupcake, she went through the issue and chose some projects for grandma to stitch for her quilt. 

The first one was the free cover kit and although she didn't request this one, she wore it home one day and I haven't seen it since.
 
The next one she chose because she had done an art project at school shortly before she saw the magazine.  It's from a series of dresses through the decades.

The next two were chosen because she loves science and wants to be a scientist when she grows up.  They are from the Crazy for Science section of the magazine.
 
There were several other projects also chosen from this magazine, but when I pulled the colors for one of them, I decided against it (it was a fox and there are much better looking foxes out there) and the others involve some modification so I haven't done them yet



2 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great choices! I hope she continues to enjoy science, if she ever has questions, I'm an optometrist and it can be difficult to like science when you're female, so always happy to help. :)

The Crafty Princess said...

Your granddaughter is a little cutie. And I think you can say goodbye to the birdie in the heart stitch LOL! I like the science stitches too, they look great.
xo Alicia