Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Happy Dance - Art Alphabet Letter K

Started: 4/8/2018
Finished: 4/9/2018

This chart came from Cross Stitch Crazy #241and was designed by Susan Bates.  It's stitched as charted on 14-count white Aida with the called for DMC except that I substituted 703 for the called for 3819 (I didn't like the color).  I also swapped the 703 and 704 so the light and dark matched.  Looking at it now, I think I should have changed the lighter pink to a darker shade.

I stitched this for Kyleigh's quilt since she loves art, especially drawing.  I've fondly named this chart "paint splat K".  

Yes, I'm still working on Kyleigh's quilt. Since the squares measure only 6.5" x 6.5 inches, it will take a lot of them.  I do need to pull them all out and take inventory soon though.

No comments: