Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Happy Dance - All American Santa

Started in 2019: 8/19/2019
Finished: 9/3/2019

This is All American Santa, a kit from Charlotte's Collectibles.  I used all the called for materials and it's stitched on 14-count white plastic canvas with DMC floss.

This was a UFO, but I don't remember when I started it.  It was on my list of UFO's to finish this year though.   This is where I left it the last time I worked on it.

 Unfortunately, I think the reason I stopped stitching on was because it needed some frogging.  Once I completed the frogging, it looked like this.


If you remember my last happy dance post, I said my next project would be a birthday present.  Unfortunately, it was not fun, took away my stitching mojo and is still not complete.  I decided to move on to something else.  Hopefully, I'll still get it done in time for Christmas.

Next Project: Black Cat Christmas Ornament
Goal: Finish

I'm also going back to stitching on both a large and small project each day.  The goal for the smaller project will probably be a finish, but the goal for the larger project will most likely be a number of hours.

Next Large Project: Magic Doll - Fox
Goal: 5 hours

 . 

4 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the cute finish! Sometimes those pesky projects steal our mojo. Glad you were able to put it down and move to something else. It's not worth hating our wonderful hobby. Enjoy your next projects.

Astrids dragon said...

Fun finish, love the added buttons!
I'm sorry you have a project you don't enjoy working on. Stitch what makes you happy and hopefully you'll feel better about it later. Or maybe you can just make something else if you're really dreading it?

Pamela said...

Congrats on the quick finish!

Rachel said...

Oh he did make me giggle! I can't say I've ever seen Santa in a baseball cap! Good luck with your next projects. :)