Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Happy Dance - Black Cat - No It's not for Halloween

Started: 9/4/2019
Finished: 9/16/2019

This is a Christmas ornament that I stitched for Jeneen, the owner of Quilts for Older Children and Adults Facebook group.  She had hurt her wrist and asked for a volunteer to stitch it for her.  It's going to a No-Kill Animal Shelter for a fundraiser. 

She sent me the chart and the only information on it was 2017 Axebe. It's stitched on 14-count gold dusted Aida as charted with the called for DMC threads.  It's much brighter in person.

I've finally got the hang of timing my stitching and it took approximately 12 1/2 hours to stitch, most of it using black floss.  Although it took almost two weeks, I didn't stitch on it everyday--life keeps getting in the way of my stitching!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Very cute! Great that you could stitch for a good cause and help out your friend.

Katie said...

Adorable. It's fun keeping track of the time. I find it very interesting to see how long it takes.

Rachel said...

Ah, he's a cutie and for a very good cause. Good job he rescued your stitching mojo, it's never nice when it disappears. :)

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, such a sweet kitty! If you were to change the sweater to orange and purple and have it holding a pumpkin, it would make it a sweet Halloween kitty!