Tuesday, December 10, 2019

2019 Advent Blog Hop - Day 10

Jo at Serendipitous Stitching has created another fun Blog Hop for us.  This time it's an Advent Calendar and I'm Day 10.

I had trouble choosing which Christmas stitch I wanted to share this year, but finally decided on this one since my first choice already showed up on Katie's blog for Day 2.

It's from the 2018 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue and is by Leslie Teare.  It is stitched on gold dusted 14-count Aida.  I changed all the colors; it was originally done in red and white on blue fabric, but this reminds me more of Christmas.

As for my favorite Christmas movie, I don't have one.  We rarely watch movies and I don't think I've seen a Christmas movie in years.  However, I was given tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet on Saturday and really enjoyed it, so I think I'll call that my favorite for now.

19 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I like designs I can alter the colours to suit me, I like the look of yours more than the sound of the original. As for the films, well should you care to indulge in a Christmas film or two this year you will have some recommendations to consider.

butterfly said...

Lovely Stitching Cathy .
Enjoy your Blog Hop.

Elfie said...

Your reindeer ornament is charming. I like your colour choices.
Merry Christmas!

Katie said...

Sorry for stealing your Christmas piece haha. Love the one you picked. Beautiful finish too. Don't feel bad I don't really like Christmas movies either.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I love the changes you made to the ornament. Now I must go look at the original!
The Nutcracker is a great story and ballet so that is a very acceptable choice too.

Ariadne said...

Cute stitched ornaments. Enjoy the time till and at Christmas. AriadnefromGreece!

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet finish, Cathy! I think the colour changes you made look better than red and white.
Lucky you to have been able to watch the Nutcracker live. Happy Christmas.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love your knitting sheep. Hubby and I had tickets for the Nutcracker but had to cancel, maybe next year we'll see it.

FlashinScissors said...

Two lovely pieces, Cathy!
I like your changes to the tree, and your fabric is a very pretty choice
Happy Christmas!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

jocondine said...

Nice Christmas ornament and great choice with the Nutcracker ballet! xxx

Kaisievic said...

Two very sweet stitches, Cathy and oh, how lovely to see the Nutcracker!

Rachel said...

Love the reindeer and in perfect colours for Christmas. :)

DJ said...

Beautiful stitching! I would never have recognized the pattern if you hadn't mentioned, but I really do like yours so much better! I was thinking of stitching it, but now I definitely will, using your color changes if you don't mind. I love the Nutcracker ballet too...sure puts you in the mood for Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Christine said...

Beautiful stitching! Happy Christmas

Faith... said...

Both your pieces look great. I love The Nutcracker too!

Shelly said...

Love your ornament! Oh the Nutcracker, love the music. The music just speaks Christmas<3

Rhona said...

Lovely ornaments. I love how different the designs look when you've used different colours.

Beth in IL said...

I miss attending the Nutcracker Ballet with my daughter every year.

Barb said...

What a delightful ornament!