Wednesday, October 3, 2018

September Recap

I thought I did very little stitching during the month of September, but when I looked at my daily log, I'd stitched more than I thought.  I actually stitched 17 out of the 30 days of September.  I didn't make much progress on my large stitches though.  This is why there weren't any Wednesday WIP updates for the month of September.  I think I'm back on track, but I thought that at the beginning of September also.  I did have three finishes though:

Anniversary Flower
Started: 7/17/2018
Finished 9/21/2018

This was stitched for Q4OC for their 2018 Anniversary Flower SAL.  It was a free chart from Cross Stitching Guild (Michael Learner).  It is stitched on 14-count white Aida with DMC 602 and 604.

Coffee Is Always a Good Idea
Started: 8/7/2018
Finished: 9/2/2018

This was stitched for the  Coffee or Tea SAL on WOCS and came from Cross Stitch Crazy #245.  It's stitched on white 14-count Aida with mostly as charted with the called for threads.  I had a lot of problems stitching this one so there are some unintended customizations, one of which is that the top color in Coffee should have been the same color as IDEA.

I (heart) the USA
Started: 9/3/2018
Finished: 9/5/2018

This was also stitched for WOCS, for their Patriotic SAL.  The chart came from World of Cross Stitching #271.  It is again stitched on 14-count white Aida with the called for DMC.  The only change I made to this one was to add the word "the".

That makes 33 finishes so far this year.

I also stitched on Advent Animals #11, but discovered that I had made a mistake last time and all that has been done has to be frogged.  (This may be part of the reason I didn't stitch as much as usual--September was the month of the FROG.)

I'm not recapping my goals for August or September as both months were a dismal failure and I haven't made any goals for October.  I'm just going to stitch what calls to me.  

1 comment:

Faith... said...

That flower is so pretty and you are right - coffee is always a good idea! 33 finishes for the year is phenomenal!