Monday, December 21, 2020

Online Advent Calendar Blog Hop - Day 21

Every year Jo facilitates an Advent Calendar Blog Hop where each participant is assigned a day to make a post showing something Christmas-y.  She also provides a conversation topic related to Christmas. This year's conversation topic is - Your Favourite Christmas Book

At first I though I  didn't really have one.  It was never a tradition growing up to read or re-read a Christmas book and I've never done that with my daughter either.  But as I was reading the other posts, it occurred to me that the story of Christ's birth and The Night Before Christmas are both favorites.  I also read a lot of Christmas stories, mostly Cozy Mysteries and Christian fiction, but there isn't one I'd consider a favorite.

I've always stitched a lot of Christmas ornaments throughout the year and this year was no exception, so I've chosen one of my favorites to share with you.

This is Crimson Cardinal from Mill Hill and is ALL beads.

You can visit Serendipitous Stitching. to see what's happening on the rest of the days leading up to Christmas.

15 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Cathy,
I’m having a problem with the book too, in that I don’t read Christmas books generally either, tee hee, and it’s my day tomorrow!
Your Cardinal is beautiful ! Well done you!
I’ve never stitched with beads yet, although I do have a kit waiting to be stitched!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Elfie said...

Your crimson cardinal is stunning, and very Christmassy. Merry Christmas!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful beaded ornament, The Night Before Christmas is a great book

jocondine said...

Great ornament, lovely colors and pattern for this nice cardinal. Joyeux Noël ! xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely ornament.

Denise :) said...

Your cardinal is stunning! That's a LOT of beading!!! Merry Christmas!! :)

Faith... said...

That Cardinal is beautiful! I am sure it was a lot of work since it was all beads. Merry Christmas to your and your family!

butterfly said...

Such a sweet ornament love it.
Merry Chrismas.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a beautiful ornament! Cardinals are one of my favourite birds and I have a 'thing' for beads too. Merry Christmas!

Christine said...

Your cardinal is so pretty

Katie said...

I agree with you. I've never read a Christmas book I guess. I read books just not seasonal ones.

Louca por porcelana said...

So beautiful!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oops, I forgot to comment and say "Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year." Love that Cardinal, they are such bright and cheerful birds.
Hope the Hop gave you some book inspiration too!

Astrids dragon said...

Ooh, such a beautiful cardinal and I'm sure very sparkly with all beads. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with much to look forward to in the New Year. Sending hugs!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely finish and great choices on books as well.