Wednesday, December 1, 2021

November Stitching

It's been awhile since I've posted a monthly recap.  In fact, the last one was for January.  My stitching has been mostly nonexistent and I've been dealing with a lot of  health problems.  The health problems are still with me, but the stitching has increased to almost normal so I decided to start posting again.  I will probably do a weekly recap as well.

I started five projects in November, two of them were also finishes.

My finishes are both from Durene Jones' Away in a Manger series in the 2021 Enjoy Cross Stitch at Christmas (also available on her website).  This is the entire set:

They are all being stitched on white perforated paper, using DMC floss, mostly as charted, but because I can't do the finicky backstitch, some of the backstitching had to be modified. So far, I've used the called for colors, except that Mary's head piece is stitched in 762 instead of white.

Joseph

 Started: 11/11/2021

Finished: 11/16/2021

Total Time:  9 hours 33 minutes

Mary

Started: 11/17/2021

Finished: 11/26/2021

Total Time:  8 hours 50  minutes

I also started the Red Shepherd from this series on 11/26/2021, but put it away temporarily on the 30th to work on some other projects.  This is where I am so far.

Prior to working on the Away in a Manger series, I worked on two Mill Hill projects, but gave up on both of them temporarily (I hope) because I was making too many mistakes on them.

The first is Jingle Bell Wreath from Mill Hill.  It's stitched with the materials provided in the kit.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it when I put it away and now I can't find it.  

The other project is also from Mill Hill.  It's Gingerbread Chalet, which is all beads and also stitched with the materials provided in the kit.  Here's where I left it on 11/10/2021


December Plans
 
 I will be working on the 2021 Stitchmas Advent Calendar from Amanda Dion, a free SAL on Facebook.
Depending on how that progresses, I may continue with the Away in a Manger project or  stitch a Christmas present for Kyleigh.
 
Statistics:
Days Stitched This Month = 28  (didn't stitch on 11/24 and 11/25)
Days Stitched This Year  = 191 (possible = 334)
Total Hours Stitched This Month = 34 hours and 9 minutes
Total Hours Stitched This Year = 285 hours and 14 minutes
Number of Projects Worked on This Month = 5
Number of Unique Projects Worked on This Year = 38
Number of Projects Started This Month = 5
Number of Projects Started This Year = 23
Number of Projects Finished This Month = 2
Number of Projects Finished This Year = 22





5 comments:

butterfly said...

Sorry you have not been to well .
Hoping you are feeling much better.
Love your Christmas stitching .
Enjoy your weekend .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The nativity is a very sweet set. Good to see you blogging again too.

Katie said...

Hope your health problems ease up quickly. Glad you are stitching again. Lovely work on everything.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm glad to hear you're stitching again, but sorry your health problems are still there. But look at how much you've accomplished, that's great!
Such a sweet nativity, I think I might have stitched Mary before. Tempting to stitch them all though!
You know you can't go wrong with a Mill Hill, your chalet is coming along nicely, it's already so colourful.

Rachel said...

Sorry to read that you've been unwell but, from a stitching perspective, it's good to have you back! I hope stitching has been good therapy for your road to recovery. :)