Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Stitching for Families Facebook Group

I belong to a Facebook group called Canada Stitches Work Group that stitches ornaments and makes quilts for a Ronald McDonald House in Red Deer, Alberta.  Mostly because of the cost of mailing items, I haven't sent them anything, but I got talking to another member and we've decided to do the same for my local Ronald McDonald House at which I also volunteer. (I'm in the US.)

Ronald McDonald House provides place to stay, meals and support for families when their children are in  the hospital or being treated for a serious medical condition and live too far to commute.  

Right now, we're focusing on ornaments for next year, but would eventually like to branch out to include quilts, knitted items, etc.

I'd like to invite anyone who enjoys stitching and finishing Christmas ornaments to join us.  The group is called Stitching for Families (RMHCSC).


1 comment:

BeingBored89 said...

That is awesome! RMH is such a great organization. When my daughter was hospitalized for 3 months during the beginning of the pandemic, RMH kept sending us care packages because they were not allowed to accept any new families. I will look into the Facebook group, thank you for the info!