Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Advent Calendar Blog Hop 2021 - Day 21

Welcome to day 21 of the  Advent Calendar blog hop organized by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching. Each participant is given a day to share some Christmas Stitching and answer a question. Click on the link above  to view the individual days.

First up, some Christmas stitching.  These were stitched as part of Christmasits 2020.





 

The question this time is all about your Christmas tree.  

I order mine from a local high school baseball team.  Normally I order a 5-6 foot tree, but this year we ordered a 3-4 foot tree so we could set it on a table instead.  The tree usually arrives the first weekend in December and we set it up as soon as my daughter can visit to get the Christmas stuff out of the attic.  This year the tree went up on the third, but the lights didn't go on until the 10th. 

I use pretty much the same ornaments each year including any new ones that I stitched during the year.  Most of the ornaments are homemade, either by me, my daughter or one of my sisters.  I used to put an angel (again homemade) on top of the tree, but we didn't unpack that box this year so I used a star instead.

This is the reason we wanted a shorter tree.  Surprisingly, we haven't caught him there since we added the lights and ornaments have been added.

 After the lights and ornaments have been added:




 



 

 



10 comments:

Denise :) said...

Your ornaments are wonderful! So colorful and cheery! I like the star topper you've used. Growing up, it was all we ever used. But when I put up my first Christmas tree as a married gal, we purchased a beautiful glass angel. That's long gone, but I am still partial to an angel! Cute capture of your furry friend under the tree!! Merry Christmas! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar this year. I chose the cat ornament for my post because of your final photo! Your tree looks very much like mine this year. Nice and bushy.

Elfie said...

I love your tree, your ornaments, and your gorgeous cat. Looking at your tree makes me sad that I don't have a real tree - though I've never seen a lovely full tree like yours for sale over here. Merry Christmas!

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super collection of ornaments. Your cat looks very cosy under the tree, it looks lovely. Merry Christmas 🎄

Elfie said...

I'm glad I came back to see your decorated tree. It is gorgeous! Beautifully decorated!

FlashinScissors said...

Your tree looks lovely! Cute to see your cat under the tree. You can never tell where they will sleep next! Beautiful decorations!
Merry Christmas!
Barbara x

Astrids dragon said...

Look at all those adorable ornaments, they all look fantastic! Your tree looks so beautiful, the perfect size. I must say, the kitty under the tree really looks sweet!
Happy Christmas!

Faith... said...

Such a pretty tree Cathy! Love that all of your ornaments are handmade. I am trying to get to that point too.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Mylene said...

What a lovely collections of ornaments!

Leonore Winterer said...

Your tree looks great, very lush and green and so pretty with the ornaments :)