Monday, January 10, 2022

Fully Finished Gallery SAL - January 2022

It's time again for the Fully Finished Gallery SAL which was created by Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher to encourage us to fully finish our projects instead of just storing them in a drawer or box rarely to be seen again.  Click on the link to see more details and what other stitchers have posted.  

It's been a long time since I've fully finished any of my stitching and even longer since I've posted about them.  One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to fully finish the project (if not part of a set or quilt) as soon as I finish the stitching.  Another one is to post monthly.  So far, so good!

The first FFO this month is the Gingerbread Tree from Mill Hill.  I added a beaded hanger and then glued it to a piece of felt.

Next is what I call the Sweater.  It's a wooden ornament so I added a ribbon and backed it with sparkly red felt.

The next one is called Festive Flower, but is better known as a poinsettia.  This was the second attempt at finishing this one.  I tried a new technique, but it was too small and/or I'd trimmed too much excess fabric so I only had one option -- to cut around the around the design and add a hanger and felt backing.  FYI, the greens match way better in person.

I decided to take the easy way out on the next one, trimming around the stitching and adding a felt backing and gold ribbon hanger. This is Cat in Hat.

I didn't stitch the next one, but received it in an exchange many years ago.  It came to me fringed and partially backed with iron-on interfacing.  I added a red felt backing to cover the interfacing and and a gold ribbon hanger.  I'm calling it Cat Face.

My final FFO was stitched as part of Christmasitis 2020. Again, I added a ribbon hanger and backed it with a sparkly red felt.








10 comments:

Katie said...

They all look great!

Clare-Aimetu said...

A super collection of finished ornaments, a great start to 2022

butterfly said...

Great stitching , love the jumper.

Mary said...

They are all very pretty.

Faith... said...

Great ornaments! I especially like the poinsettia!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great ornaments, such an effective way to finish them.
The jumper must have been the fastest FFO ever!

Rachel said...

Thanks for joining in FFG this month. It's surprising how effective a bit of felt can be as a background.
Good luck with trying to FFO as you go and post each month, but please don't stress if you can't. :)

Mary's Thread said...

Wow! What a lot of great ornaments to add to your collection!

Astrids dragon said...

Lovely finishes! I like using felt too, it makes a nice backing.

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent finishes! Great idea to try and get them fully finished after the stitching. I haven't managed that myself yet.