Monday, June 10, 2019

Fully Finished Gallery SAL - June


 It's time for showing our entries into this month's Fully Finished Gallery, courtesy of Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher.  These are items that have been framed, pillowed, backed, etc.  You can click the link to see the rest of the gallery.

I have several things to show you this month, the first of which is my May ornament for the JCS Ornament SAL on Facebook.  I used the same cross stitch fabric for the back of the ornament and did a running stitch to attach them together, then stuffed and fringed them and attached a hanger.  This is my most used finishing method.  This time I used gold beads from my stash for the hanger.


Next is the Mill Hill ornament, Harvest Barn, which I backed with tan felt and added a magnet.  It currently sits on my refrigerator. 

Kyleigh came to visit last week (twice) and wanted to see what was in my "drawers of shame".  Of course, she had to have some of the items, so we did a quick finishing on six of them.  The first three were backed and put into the frames that came with the kit.



The next three bookmarks are backed with felt in coordinating colors.  I had originally intended these for WOCS, but Kyleigh said she needed to do a lot of reading this summer and that she could really use them.  I'm a sucker and I know it, but it got them finished and out of my drawer so that's good!

13 comments:

Suzanne H said...

All great finishes this month! You were very busy!!!

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching and finishes .
Enjoy your day.

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in with some rather cute finishes! The little kitty in the house is so relevant considering Tazzie and Tony, and it must be reassuring to know the pretty bookmarks will be used.
I think the moral of your story is Kyleigh should rummage through your drawers more often! :)

Katie said...

Fantastic finishes!! Love the bookmarks.

Loretta said...

You have been busy!!! Great finishes!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to have a little enabler helping you out! Lovely finishes too.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Busy fingers resulting in great finishes :-)

Mary said...

They are all very cute finishes. It is so nice to have a helper.

Faith... said...

Lots of great finishes Cathy! Glad Kyleigh was able to help prompt you into finishing some pieces even if it was just so she could take them home!

Astrids dragon said...

All great finishes! Kyleigh knows how to work you, smart girl! At least you know she appreciates what you make.

Mary's Thread said...

What a great group of stitches! I love the sleeping kitty in the house frame-looks just like my kitty!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely finishes! So great she's enjoying your stitching too.

Pamela said...

Great finishes!