Thursday, June 20, 2019

Happy Dance - Special Delivery

My rotation and stitching plans flew out the window earlier this month through no fault of their own  because of a changed deadline that I didn't know had happened..  It also happened because life is overwhelming and I have too much to do and not enough time to do it and I don't seem to be able to get anything done. So I've decided to simplify things somewhat. 

First, for my stitching, I'm going to stop (at least temporarily) my Wednesday updates.  I'm also going to become a OAAT stitcher and will set a goal of how much I want to accomplish before switching to the next project.  In most cases, the goal will be to finish that project or complete a page, but there probably won't be a stitch count or time limit involved. I will post an update whenever I switch out a project.  I may also simplify my goals for the year and drop some SALs as well as some Facebook groups, but that will be decided later.

So, on with the reason for this post, my Happy Dance.

Started: 6/10/2019
Finished: 6/19/2019

This is Special Delivery by Pickle Barrel Designs from the 2018 JCS Ornament Issue. 

It's stitched on gold dusted 14-count Aida as charted and with the called for DMC with the exception of the lettering which was stitched in DMC 4518.

It's the June ornament for the JCS Stitch-a-long on Facebook.  At the moment, I haven't decided how I'm going to finish it yet, but it's really too big for an ornament.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on your little finish. You made the right decision in using variegated for the lettering; it just adds that little bit of extra 'something' to the whole design.
Sorry to read you are finding life a bit overwhelming at the moment, but at least you have recognised it and are thinking about possible ways to help improve it. I don't do FB etc but just from reading other blogs can understand how easy it is to be drawn into participating in this thing here and that thing there, and not only cross-stitch related. I hope you find your level of comfort soon; your blogging friends will be here to support you. :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Cathy.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The variegated thread is perfect for this design. I don't know if you notice, but although I admin the JCS group I don't actually stitch the designs! I just didn't want the group to fold when the previous Admin couldn't run it anymore. I choose my projects to suit myself. I also prefer the SALs like my GG and WIPocalypse when our own projects can be fitted in.

Katie said...

Sorry to hear things are overwhelming for you. I hope you find whatever makes you happy. I only join SALs that I can make work with my weird stitch whatever I want to. I love this piece and really need to find the magazine I have hiding somewhere and stitch it up. Just adorable!

Faith... said...

Love your finish!

Sorry life is becoming overwhelming. I had that same feeling a while back and I did quit a bunch of FB groups and decided that I would just stitch what I want, when I want. Life seems a bit better now but I realize everyone has their own solution. I hope that you find yours and life settles down for you.

Astrids dragon said...

What a sweet finish! I love the variegated letters, it looks great.
Sorry it's been a bit hectic for you. Sometimes simplicity is a good thing, so do what you want, when you want!