Thursday, February 10, 2022

Fully Finished Gallery SAL - February

 It's time again for the Fully Finished Gallery SAL which was created by Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher to encourage us to fully finish our projects instead of just storing them in a drawer or box rarely to be seen again.  Click on the link to see more details and what other stitchers have posted.  

I only managed to fully finish three ornaments this month and they'll all be going to the Ronald McDonald House in Orange, CA.

First up this month is the Gingerbread Lad, another Mill Hill kit that's all beads.  The kit called for a hanger of green beads so that's what I did and this time added a backing of red felt.

My second FFO, but not my second finish, is the Stitchmas Santa Panda.  I trimmed it and added a gold ribbon hanger and a dark green backing.  I was originally going to use red felt, but it seemed like too much red, so I went with the dark green instead.

My third FFO is the Reindeer from Rhona Norrie.    I gave it a gold ribbon hanger and two layers of felt, one brown to match his antlers and one red to match his nose!

These have all been finished for a few days now, but this morning I found a drawer full of small frames that I'd forgotten I had so there will be some different types of finishes for the really small ornaments like the Santa Panda and the Reindeer.

I know I had resolved to fully finish  my finishes as I finished stitching them this year and while I'm not unhappy about it, I do have two more finished projects that do need fully finishing.  One is the Wreath Mouse that is waiting for me to be able to get to my ironing board (long story).  The other is the blue Cat that I can't find the blue paint to paint the frame with.  A visit to Michael's will be happening soon.


6 comments:

butterfly said...

What cute designs love them.
Have fun.

Mary said...

Super cute stitching and I love how you finished them.

Kaisievic said...

These are all super cute.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super trio, great finishing

Rachel said...

Thank you for linking up with February's FFG SAL and good luck finding the paint for your cat frame; it's bound to turn up once you've bought some more! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Your trio looks great, what fun!