Monday, February 27, 2023

Happy Dance - Deer in the Forest

 

Started: 2/23/2023

Finished: 2/26/2023

Total Stitching Time: 11 hours and 25 minutes

This is Deer in the Forest from the 2020 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue.  It was designed by Elizabeth Spurlock of Saving Graces Fine Needlearts.

It's stitched as charted on 14-count Antique White Lugana.   It called for DMC Light Effects and red beads.  I started using the Light Effects (green border), but got very frustrated and ended up frogging most of the inner border and starting over with the corresponding color of regular DMC.  I was planning to use the beads, but when it came time to add them, I couldn't find them so I didn't use them after all.

I will be making this one into either a pillow or flat fold ornament and will give it to the Ronald McDonald House.

 Next up: Mickey and Minnie Gardening

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitch love it .

Mylene said...

A lovely finish. Sorry about the frogging though.

Rachel said...

I would have also avoided the light effects; they're a pain to stitch with neatly. The borders look lovely with out them. Congrats on yet another finish!

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely design, it will make a lovely ornament

Astrids dragon said...

I know the Light Effects can be a pain to work with, and frogging is a pain! I think it turned out lovely without it.