Sunday, January 14, 2024

Weekly Update - 1/14/2024

 It was another moderately busy week.  I had two doctors' appointments, Bible Study and Senior Moments.  Senior Moments is a group that meets twice a month--once for a free lunch with some kind of program and once for either an outing to a local restaurant (where everyone pays for themselves) or Bingo where you bring your own lunch.  I did skip church on Saturday night, because I just didn't feel right.

As for stitching, I continued working on the PJ Critters Lion, but I'm definitely not happy with the chart.  For one thing, it's shown in two pieces, but there are no grey areas showing an overlap which caused me to miss two rows of stitching which required a couple of hours of frogging.  Second, there are no grid lines marking 10 stitches.  Also, in one area, two of the symbols are the reverse of each other (Why do designers do this?) 

 
I love the design and it's going to a premature infant through the Q4OC charity group so I'll keep on with it, but otherwise I'd probably set it aside for awhile because of how frustrated I am with it.  I expected to have it finished by now!

And now for the progress pictures:

As of January 7th

As of January 10th

As of January 11th

As of January 14th

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry you've had problems with this chart. I can see how all three things are annoying, especially the similar symbols - took me a while to spot the differences. But on the plus side, he's looking splendid! Good luck with the remainder.

Katie said...

Wow. A bad bad choice for the designer to have those two on the same chart. Sure looks cute though. I hope you can finish it off and then try to remember the designer to never use again.

Astrids dragon said...

How nice that you're doing fun things and not just drs appointments!
Such a cute pattern, a shame the chart isn't very good. Those two symbols are way too similar!