Sunday, January 7, 2024

Weekly Update - 1/7/2024

The last half of 2023 was rough with medical issues and lack of stitching, so the blog didn't get much attention.  The medical issues are mostly still there, but under control and I'm in a better place mentally so I decided to revisit my blog.  This year, I'm going to try to do weekly updates, rather than just post finishes.

The first week of January was fairly busy with my daughter coming most days to do the housework I can no longer do and help my husband with various tasks.

I had doctors' appointments on Wednesday and Friday and on Thursday we went to the Spaghetti Factory to celebrate birthdays as a family.  My son-in-law's was the 3rd and mine was the 6th so  we always choose a day between the two.

Saturday was my actual birthday so my husband, daughter and I went out to lunch at Spires, the only place I can get filet of sole and real spumoni.  We also visited a new, improved and much bigger Barnes & Noble where I was able to get three stitching magazines, two World of Cross Stitching ones (I'm between subscriptions) and Cross Stitch Favorites - the Cute Issue.  Saturday night I went out with friends from church after the service to Los Ayalas, a local Mexican restaurant.

I also went through my stash of cross stitch kits and found a bunch I really wanted to stitch and some I knew I never would stitch.  I'll be putting several unopened Thomas Kinkade Disney kits up on eBay next week.

As for stitching, I've stitched every night for at least 45 minutes on PJ Critters from Cross Stitch Wonders.  I'm stitching the lion in the top left corner. I'm stitching him on 14-count Aida imprinted with blues, purples and greens  that remind me of watercolors.  It will be going to Quilts for Older Children and Adults as part of the 2024 Stitcher's Challenge when finished.

At the beginning of January, it looked like this:

Now it looks like this:



5 comments:

butterfly said...

Well done good to see you stitching again
Hope you are feeling better and I wish you a Happy New Year. Hugs June.

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's good to read you are getting better, hopefully better still as the year progresses. Good luck with all your stitching in 2024.

Katie said...

So many people I know are suffering with health issues. Hope you can be back to normal soon. Lovely progress on the lion. Such beautiful eyes begging to be stitched more. Have a wonderful 2024 head!!

Rachel said...

Good to see you back! Hope all the issues sort themselves out as much as possible.
The lion's really sweet. Great start to the New Year.

Astrids dragon said...

It's nice to see you back, and that you're doing better to be blogging again.
I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a good one, especially getting your stitching mags.