Saturday, February 10, 2024

Fully Finished Gallery SAL - February, 2024

It's time again for the Fully Finished Gallery SAL which was created by Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher to encourage us to fully finish our projects instead of just storing them in a drawer or box rarely to be seen again.  Click on the link to see more details and what other stitchers have posted.   

I've set a goal to fully finish the pieces as I complete the stitching and so far, I'm meeting that goal. This month I FFO'd four stocking ornaments--two that I stitched this month and two others that I'd stitched a couple of years ago.  They're all finished by adding a ribbon hanger and backing with felt.




 And finally, I FFO'd last night's finish of Birdhouse Coaster. by adding a felt backing and a magnet    It's now displayed on my refrigerator.


Rachel has also requested that we show some of our finished pieces from our Box of Shame or in my case, a Drawer of Shame. Here are a few Christmas ornaments that have been hanging around for awhile.   I would like to know how you would finish them without using a sewing machine.   I do have bunches of Christmas fabric hanging around.  All except the mouse are stitched on 14-count Aida, the mouse is on evenweave.






 

7 comments:

Mayte said...

Todo lo bordado es muy bonito, en especial las botas

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your stockings are lovely, great finishes, you could fray the edges and glue/stitch/double sided tape them onto felt or foam felt to make ornaments. I did this - here's the link to my post https://aimetu-clare.blogspot.com/2023/10/fully-finished-objects-in-october.html

butterfly said...

Love all your stitching Ornaments look great.

Rachel said...

Thank you for your FFG SAL entries - the post is finally up so please don't forget to go back and actually link up!
As your finished pieces are Christmas related, I'd insert them in aperture cards and maybe decorate the fronts with a couple of peel-offs or just a simple 'Merry Christmas' message. Four hand-made Christmas cards ready to go!

Suzanne H said...

Each and every one is adorable. I finish most of my stitching without a sewing machine. I love my fabric glue.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the way you’ve finished the stocking series, they look great.
I don’t have a sewing machine so I just whipstitch round the edge of the ornament. Sometimes I add beads too.

Toki said...

Hello Cathy. The work you choose is cute and humorous, which is cute.
The colors of the stocking series are also nice.