Monday, February 19, 2024

Weekly Recap - 2/11/2024 and 2/18/2024

 My computer died on the 10th and I didn't get it back until the 14th.  Unfortunately, the files on my hard drive weren't recoverable so I lost most of my pictures, passwords and files.  We're going to find someone who specializes in recovering data and see if they can do any  better.

Senior Moments celebrated Valentines Day this month and our project was to make valentines.  The girl in black is my daughter, Janice.  While she's not a senior, she started going when I was on oxygen and used a walker.  Now, she comes occasionally when the program is something she's interested in and is welcomed by all.  She also got the runner-up prize for the most creative valentine.



I've also added a small group meeting for a 5-week session on Thursday evenings called Gifted for More which includes messages on the topic on the weekends.  Along with Bible Study  and Soup Suppers/Lenten Services on Wednesday, grocery pickup on Friday and Church with a group dinner after, that makes my week.  Oh, I forgot Bunco which happens the third Tuesday of the month.   I also had a couple of doctor's appointments.

As for stitching, I did some every day starting with the finish of File This.

 

 and continued with the Birdhouse Coaster which I also finished and is now displayed on my refrigerator.

Next came the Snowman Mug from a Janlynn kit.  It's not quite a finish, but should be soon.

Finally, I have to brag about my granddaughter.  Several students in various concentrations at her high school were chosen to visit the feeder middle school to share about their classes, etc.  Kyleigh was chosen by her drama teacher, but when he turned in the necessary paperwork, he was told that she was already signed up to go with her media arts teacher who had forgotten to tell Kyleigh he was taking her.  Of all the kids available (it's a big school), she was chosen twice and she's only a sophomore!  BTW, she went with the media arts teacher.

 


2 comments:

Katie said...

Fun doing crafts no matter what age haha. Love your finishes. The bird house is adorable. Congrats to your granddaughter.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh no, darn computers! My Dad has had the same problem.
It's always fun to create with company!
I love both of your finishes, especially kitty.
How sweet, I hope Kyleigh had fun!