Friday, November 23, 2018

A Thanksgiving Finish

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving (a day late) to all who celebrate it.  We went to my daughter's for breakfast and lunch/dinner.  Breakfast, because I cook the turkey at her home and it had to get in the oven early.  David makes what he calls a farmer's omelet and that's what we had for breakfast.

After putting the turkey in the oven and eating breakfast, I pulled out my stitching.  I usually take a couple of things to stitch and most often only work on one.  This time, I only took one thing and wished I'd taken more since I finished it before the turkey was done.

Started: 11/4/2018
Finished: 11/22/2018

This little cutie is by Durene Jones and was part of the free kit that came with this year's Enjoy Cross Stitch at Christmas magazine.  Instead of using the fabric provided, it's stitched on 14-count plastic canvas with the threads included in the kit.

Because I used plastic canvas, I had to change some of the backstitching and change the eyes to cross stitches, because I couldn't do 1/2 stitch backstitching.  I also accidentally used full crosses for the background instead of the half crosses called for, but when I realized it, it was too late to do any frogging.  I don't think it detracts from the design though.

I'm not sure if it will go on my tree or not; it may be a gift or be held for next year's boutique at our church.

2 comments:

Faith... said...

What a cute gingerbread man! Congrats on another finish!

Astrids dragon said...

He's adorable, I'd want to keep it!