Monday, February 1, 2021

January Recap

 First, some pictures:

My cat has found a new place near me to vegetate during the day.  This is my box of WIP envelopes.



 Kyleigh is a Cadette Girl Scout again this year and is selling cookies.  Because of the pandemic, they aren't doing booth sales this year, but you can purchase from her at this link if you like. Kyleigh's Girl Scout Cookie Site  I understand there's a $12 shipping charge on 1-12 boxes so I don't expect anyone to buy any, but it's an option if you're desparate for cookies.


Now, onto stitching:

As usual, you've seen most of these pictures in other posts, some more than once.  However, I like to put everything in one place to see what I've actually accomplished during the month.  I'd hoped for a better month as far as stitching is concerned, since January is usually one of my best months.  But I had a four day period at the end of the month where I didn't stitch at all as well as a couple of other days with no stitching and a few with less than normal stitching.   However, I did manage to finish five projects in January although all of them were small projects.

Back to School Mouse
December Owl
Blackwork Candle

Hodgepodge Stocking

 I also worked on three other projects this month.

Blackwork USA

Halloween Mouse

Santa Jingles

 And I FFO'd two of the projects.
Gingerbread Bell

Hodgepodge Stocking


 
February Plans
I'm going to continue working on Blackwork USA and stitch Day 2 of my 12 Days of Christmas project.  I'm also planning to finish the Halloween Mouse and Santa Jingles.  I'm hoping to finish the rest of the female mice, at least one more Mill Hill and at least one more Christmasitis start.  This should keep me pretty busy and out of trouble.

Statistics:
Days Stitched This Month = 25
Days Stitched This Year  = 25 (possible = 31)
Total Hours Stitched This Month = 54 hours and 8 minutes
Total Hours Stitched This Year = 54 hours and 8 minutes
Number of Projects Worked on This Month = 8
Number of Unique Projects Worked on This Year = 8
Number of Projects Started This Month = 3
Number of Projects Started This Year = 3
Number of Projects Finished This Month = 5
Number of Projects Finished This Year = 5

It wasn't the month I'd planned, but even with the reduced stitching time, it wasn't a bad month. 

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Good start to the year already.
Random question - do the scouts bake the cookies themselves? I always assumed they did but it appears they are mass produced from what I have read.

Katie said...

Great recap post. It will be fun to watch the numbers grow all year. Good luck!

Faith... said...

Lots stitched in January Cathy! I can't believe you can get so much stitched!! Good luck on your February goals.

ps...my son bought some GS cookies from a local girl thru our FB Marketplace, paid thru paypal and the dad dropped them off at our door. Maybe Kyleigh can try that?

Faith... said...

forgot to say I love the kitty's spot in the box!

Astrids dragon said...

He found the perfect spot and he's protecting your wips.
Wow, Kyleigh has really grown up, she's beautiful! It happens way too fast.
I really like seeing the Blackwork USA come together.