Sunday, January 31, 2021

WIPacolypse SAL - January, 2021

The last Sunday of the month is the posting date for the WIPacolypse SAL where we post what we're doing to finish all of our WIPs by the end of the world. This SAL is hosted by Measi at Measi's Musings   Click the link to see others' posts.

In my introduction post, I set some goals for this year.  

1) Stitch Blackwork USA from Peppermint Purple - I did a one week rotation in January.  (I've since realized it's going to take more than one week a month to finish it this year.)

 2) Stitch 12 Days of Christmas by Ursula Michael - I finished Day 1 in January.

 3) Stitch Yoda by Dimensions - not started yet

4) Finish the Furry Tales that weren't stitched in 2020 (September, October November and December) - I stitched Back to School Mouse for September in January.

5) Finish the December Owl from the 2019 Owl SAL by Leslie Teare on Facebook - I finished it in January.


 6) Locate and finish Peppermint Purple's 2020 SAL - No progress

7) Finish as many of the Mill Hill Mania starts as I can - I stitched the hat for Santa Jingles which was start #7.

8) Finish as many Christmasitis starts as I can - I finished three more in January which includes the December Owl posted above so I've now finished 15 of the 61 started in November and December.

Hodgepodge Stocking
Blackwork Candle
 

9) Finish Brooke's Advent Animals - No progress

10) FFO at least one item each month for the Fully Finished Gallery SAL - I FFO'd two during the month of January. (Hodgepodge Stocking and Gingerbread Bell)


 

11) Add the personalization at the bottom and frame the Ronald McDonald House Sampler for the CHOC Hospital Family Room - No progress

Question of the Month: Tell us about a WIP on which you’ve really struggled to make progress. Explain its history. What appears to be the reason you’re struggling? 

The WIP I've struggled with the most is Tinkerbell Spring Flowers.

I started this back in 2011/2012 for my granddaughter and stitched most of the first three pages rather quickly but then set it aside.  I pulled it out again in 2019 and it was on my goals list for both 2019 and 2020, but for some reason I'm stuck on the fourth page.  I think the problem is the number of flosses used with some of them being blended; I spend so much time looking for the floss I need, that I'm not having fun stitching it.  It's not on my goals list for this year, but I still hope to finish it someday.
 




4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You'd be alright on the map if all the States were the same size! Texas is going to take weeks LOL
When I have a project with a lot of blended threads, I make a card thread holder and have one hole for each of the colours and one for the two blended together, labelled with the symbol. That way you can find them more easily, plus the two lengths are cut to the same size which does help!

Katie said...

Great work on everything. I understand about the Tinkerbell piece but you are so close and it's going to be gorgeous when finished. Maybe try just a few days a month or something.

Faith... said...

I can see why the piece for your granddaughter could be frustrating. I hope you are able to get back to it because it is lovely. You have already stitched quite a few things this year!

Rachel said...

When you put everything together you had a really good month, with some lovely finishes.
I think we all have at least one project we struggle on until we find a way of overcoming the barrier. The trick is to not let it stress you out in the meantime; there's always 2022! :)