Monday, January 18, 2021

Weekly Update - 1/14/2021

All of my stitching this week has again been on 2020 Christmasitis starts, but it was not a good week for stitching.  I didn't stitch one night at all and much less than normal on a second night, so there are a couple of projects that should have been finished but weren't.

The first is 12 Days of Christmas from Ursula Michael.  This is a rotation piece, but I held it over for a second week since I discovered a major error that required quite a bit of frogging. 

As of 1/7/2021

After frogging

As of 1/14/2021

 All that's left of Day one is the pear and the rest of the borders.

The second project that should have been a finish is the December Owl from Leslie Teare's 2019 free Owl SAL on Facebook.

As of 1/7/2021

As of 1/14/2021

All that's left on this one is the snowball at the end of his hat, some more flowers and the border.

I did have one finish this week though.

Started: 12/14/2020

Finished: 1/11/2021

Total Stitching Time: 3 hours 51 minutes

This is the Blackwork Candle from the 2017 Ultimate Christmas Cross Stitch Magazine and was designed by Debra Page.

It's stitched on a scrap of white 14-count Aida with most of the called for colors.  I did change the color of the candle holder and the flame.  It's also pretty much stitched as charted except for the "solid" green leaf; it didn't turn out right so I'll be keeping this ornament for myself.






7 comments:

butterfly said...

Pretty Christmas stitching , love them all.

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching. I love the candle. So pretty.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your two Cjristmas birds look great, sorry you had a frog visit. The candle looks very peaceful and calming done in blackwork

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The 12 Days is so cute, I'm glad you saw the frog off!

Faith... said...

That blackwork candle is my favorite here and how the owl is holding the tree. The frog is still visiting?? Put him out and love the door!!

Faith... said...

lock the door, not love it!

Rachel said...

Still a good week though. Almost there with the December Owl and Day One of 12 Days. :)