Wednesday, January 6, 2021

2021 WIPacolypse Introduction

The WIPacolypse SAL was started to help you finish all your WIPs before the end of the world.  Check out Measi's Blog to get more information and/or see other stitchers' posts.  For this post, we're supposed to introduce ourselves and share our goals for the year.

My name is Cathy and I'm married to David.  We are both retired and live about a mile from the Happiest Place on Earth (otherwise known as Disneyland in Anaheim, CA). We have a daughter (Janice), a son-in-law (Devin) and the best 12 year old granddaughter ever (Kyleigh). We also have a cat named Taz who keeps us entertained.  Since I have out-of-state family that follow my blog, you'll definitely hear more about them in future posts.

My primary hobby is cross stitching, but I also enjoy reading, mostly mysteries and Christian fiction.  I've done some knitting, but it's limited to cast on, knit, purl and bind off.  We also enjoy traveling in our motorhome, but haven't done much recently.  I've been cross stitching for about 60 years and do a lot of stitching for charity groups.

My goals for this year are:

1) Stitch Blackwork USA from Peppermint Purple.

2) Stitch 12 Days of Christmas by Ursula Michael

3) Stitch Yoda by Dimensions

4) Finish the Furry Tales that weren't stitched in 2020 (September, October November and December) - I started December as part of the Christmasitis SAL on Facebook.

 5) Finish the December Owl from the 2019 Owl SAL by Leslie Teare on Facebook

 6) Locate and finish Peppermint Purple's 2020 SAL.

As of 11/5/2020

7) Finish as many of the Mill Hill Mania starts as I can.  I've currently finished 13 so I have another 17 to go.

8) Finish as many Christmasitis starts as I can.  I've currently finished 12 of the 61.

9) Finish Brooke's Advent Animals.  I have 18, 19, 20, 23, 24 and 25 left to stitch.

As of 2/19/2019

10) FFO at least one item each month for the Fully Finished Gallery SAL.

11) Add the personalization at the bottom and frame the Ronald McDonald House Sampler for the CHOC Hospital Family Room.       

I know this is probably more than enough to keep me busy, but I'd also like to stitch some Furry Tales designs showing boy mice, some of Durene Jones cupcakes, some of the ornaments in the JCS 2020 Christmas Ornament issue and the Waxing Moon monthlies.  And of course, I'm sure I'll find many more things I want to stitch as the year goes on.

                                                            
































6 comments:

Katie said...

Great list. I will enjoy watching them all and cheering you along.

Rachel said...

I think your plans are more than achievable, especially as most of them involve smalls. Good luck with all of them (and those additional ones waiting in the wings!) :)

Ann C. said...

WOW, I’m tired just reading your project list. :). Good luck getting as much done as possible. As Rachel said, a lot of your projects are small, so you should be able to finish quite a lot throughout the year.

FlashinScissors said...

Good luck with your list!
I love the house pattern, it’s very pretty!
Barbara x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great goals for the year! The map is fabulous, I also like the 12 Days and the Brooke's Books Advent.

Faith... said...

That is a great goal list Cathy and I think it will keep you plenty busy! I will be watching and cheering you on!!