Thursday, January 28, 2021

Weekly Update - 1/28/2021

This past week hasn't been good for stitching.  I'd been averaging about 15-16 hours a week, but this week I managed less than five.  However, I did finish two of the projects I'd wanted to.  The first finish was the First Day of my 12 Days of Christmas project from Imaginating (Ursula Michael).

Started: 12/21/2021

Finished: 1/26/2021

Total Stitching Time: 13 hours 39 minutes

I had to frog the pear, the leaves and most of the border so this took a lot longer to stitch than it should have.  I hope the next months go more quickly.  It's stitched on white 14-count Aida as charted with the called for DMC.  I'm using this for both the 12 Days of Christmas SAL on Facebook and the Christmas Ornie SAL.  It was also a 2020 Christmasitis start.

My second finish was  Back to School Mouse from Lucie Heaton.  I purchased this one from her website.

Started: 1/18/2021

Finished: 1/26/2021

Total Stitching Time: 6 hours 38 minutes

I originally started this one back in October, but didn't get very far before I discovered several mistakes.  When I went to pull it out again this month, I couldn't find it so I started over and it went much better this time.

It's stitched on white 14-count Aida as charted with the called for DMC except that I couldn't find my 3325 so I substituted 995 and 996 for the 3325 and 3755 in the dress.

This is the September Mouse for my year of female Furry Tales and will be going to WOCS when they are all finished.

I also stitched a bit on Santa Jingles' beard, but not enough to take a picture.

Next week, I plan to hopefully finish Santa Jingles and start and also hopefully finish the Halloween Mouse for October. 

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on both pieces, sometimes a start over is easier.
My start to January was very much like that too, reduced stitching time. I have changed my daily routine now to make the most of the time.

Katie said...

I hate when I don't get the time I would like. Sometimes life just interferes doesn't it? Beautiful work though. Hope you squeeze in more time next week.

Faith... said...

The Back to School mouse is adorable! I have lost a piece in the past too, it is frustrating but sometimes for the best. Your First Day of Christmas looks gret!

Rachel said...

Funny how both pieces you finished this week have been troublesome. With these out of the way, fingers crossed your stitching will all be straight-forward from now on! :)