Friday, January 8, 2021

Weekly Update - 1/7/2021

All of my stitching this week has been on 2020 Christmasitis starts.  The first project I've been working on is 12 Days of Christmas from Ursula Michael.  It's stitched on white 14-count Aida with the called for DMC. 

As of 12/31/2020

As of 1/7/2021

Unfortunately, there's a mistake in the left border and since I started the interior of the square from the border, it all has to come out along with part of the border. Although the plan was to put this up after one week,  after some consideration, I decided to continue working on this for another week .

The next project I worked on is the December Owl from Leslie Teare's 2019 Facebook SAL.  It's stitched on 14-count Fiddler's Lite with DMC floss.  The reds have been changed to 498, 321 and 666 from 347, 349 and 351, but the rest is the called for floss.

As of 12/31/2020

As if 1/7/2021

Finally, I worked on and finished the Hodgepodge Stocking with the Christmas lights. 

Started; 12/31/2020

Finished: 1/7/2020

Total Stitching Time: 9 hours 32 minutes

 It's stitched on brown perforated paper with some of the called for DMC.  I did not stitch it as charted and the easiest way to show what I changed is to show you what the original should have looked like.

My plans for the coming week include continuing to work on 12 Days of Christmas for the coming week, continuing to work on December Owl until finished and working on Blackwork Candle, another 2020 Christmasitis start..



5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh no, how awful to have been visited by the frogs already. At least you hadn't got too far into the first square. I hope the mistake's all sorted now.
The owl's looking good, especially for the brighter reds, and congrats on your finish too. :)

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Love the changes you made to the stocking. The owl kind of looks like a headless cardinal right now haha.

FlashinScissors said...

Beautiful stitching Cathy!
Barbara x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work but a shame about the frog, there isn't supposed to be one in the 12 Days song, only a load of birds!

Faith... said...

Sorry the stinking frog has visited you already in 2021 but maybe that will be it for the year? I am hoping anyways! Great new stockings and I love the 12 Days of Christmas!