Friday, January 22, 2021

Weekly Update - 1/21/2021

There was one day this week where I didn't stitch, but the rest of the week made up for it.

My project on Q-Snaps for the week was Blackwork USA from Peppermint Purple.  It's being stitched on 14-count white Aida as charted with the called for colors.  This is my Year Long Project on Cross Stitch Frog Busters and was a new start on January 15th.

 

Next, I finished the December Owl.  This was part of a free SAL from Leslie Teare on Facebook in 2019.  I believe you can now buy the complete set on her website or on Etsy.

It's stitched on 14-count Lite Oatmeal Aida as charted with the called for DMC except that I used 498, 321 and 666 instead of the called for 347, 349 and 351.

It will be going to the World of Charity Stitching Group (WOCS) along with the other owls to be made into a quilt. 

Started: 12/12/2020

Finished: 1/17/2021

Total Stitching Time: 13 hours and 11 minutes

Once that was completed, I restarted the September Furry Tales Mouse aka An Apple for Teacher and/or Back to School Mouse.  I purchased this one off Lucie Heaton's website since I didn't have a suitable chart in my stash.

It's being stitched on white 14-count Aida as charted with the called for DMC except that I couldn't find my 3325 so I substituted 995 and 996 for the called for 3325 and 3755 in her dress.

Finally, I pulled Santa Jingles out of my Mill Hill Mania box and finished his hat, except for the jingle bells which I'll add when he's finished.

As of 5/7/2020
As of 1/21/2021

 My plans for the coming week include finishing Day 1 of the 12 Days of Christmas, the September Furry Tales Mouse and Santa Jingles.  I'm not sure what I'll replace them with yet.





4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on the map, it's a great test of your Geography to see if you can name all the States without looking them up!
The small squares are all very sweet too.

Katie said...

Oh I love the map. Beautiful. The owl turned out fantastic. Everything else is great as well. Good luck this week.

Rachel said...

The Blackwork Map looks great so far, although much bigger than last year's Blackwork SAL. Congrats on finishing the owl and good luck for finishing off your chosen pieces this week. :)

Faith... said...

That mouse is so cute and your map looks great! Glad you were able to finish your owl.